Friday, May 16, 2014

Jack T

    Last Friday my class went on a field trip to the Willamette Jet Boats. We got there by taking two TriMet buses. The first bus was empty except for one person, but the second bus was way too crowded! The whole journey took a really long time and was quite boring.

     Once we arrived at OMSI everyone pulled out their sack lunches and started eating. Once we finished, we walked down to the dock. Once we got down to the dock, I met my mom there. She gave me my rain gear, pants and coat.  Just as Ms. Hunt’s class (another third grade class) got out of the boat, it started raining. 

     Once we got on the jet boat we got our life jackets on.  Kory, the driver, liked to get us soaking wet! Every time we passed a bridge, Kory would tell us the name of it and a few facts about it. The way he got us wet was by going fast and suddenly putting on the breaks.  We went into a shipyard and saw some amazingly cool ships. 


     One thing I learned was that Oregon’s first airport was on Swan Island! Some of the bridges we saw were the Marquam, Burnside, St. John’s and the Steel. My favorite bridge was the Steel Bridge. My favorite part of the trip was when it started to hail on our way back to OMSI! 

No comments:

Post a Comment