Thursday, May 1, 2014

Naime

"African Dancing"
            For my expert speech I am working on African dancing. When I first started I didn't want to do practice, I just wanted to do performances. But this year I know that you need to practice so you can be better at dance. Last year I wasn't in a lot of performances but I know why. It's because I was a beginner but now I've been there for two years.

            African dancing takes a lot of hard work. The teachers are Dana and Sakue. The drummers are Sakue, Hakeem, and Katon. We all listen cause we want to learn. Not all dances are easy.

            The music is very upbeat. For every dance we do, we have signals. One name of dance is called Kuku. Sakue picks 3 little girls to do a solo. The older girls already get picked for dances. Sometimes you get in African dance sometimes you don't. My troupe is called Kukatonan. Kukatonan means  "we are one". Boys have their own dances but not in my troupe. A lot of people think only girl African dance but that's not true.


            African dancing is tradition in my family. It's one because my grandma used to do, my mom does and so do I. Dana dances with my mom. My mom's group is called "Sebekon". That was my expert speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment