Friday, May 9, 2014

Justine

As I walked through the woods of many shadows I saw a Phoenix with red feathers and hair like fire. A cool wind blew in my face and it felt like cold hands wiping my face. As it blew, my hair blew back in the wind. I could hear the chirps of birds and the elves singing a song about the summer. I ran and fell into a field of flowers, trees and grass. As I lay in the field I thought about why I was here.

I ran away from my orphanage, because I had a witch for a teacher. As I thought and thought I felt stuff poking into my back. I got up and looked down and saw seven hatching baby Phoenixes that fell out of their tree. I picked them up and looked up in all the trees to find an empty nest. 

Two minutes later I saw a mossy red nest with no baby birds in it. I just assumed it was theirs. The tree had Phoenix feathers and ivy on it. It was also by a pretty stream with rocks, dead flowers, and old stumps. The tree was as tall as a school and as thick as 107 note pads put on top of each other. The only problem was there were only branches at the top so I couldn’t climb up. 

I heard loud screech so loud it almost made me deaf. I looked up and saw the mom Phoenix. She was probably mad at me for “taking” her baby. She swooped down and sunk her claws into my arm and I dropped the baby birds. The world felt like it was going so fast. I fell to the ground and closed my eyes. Two days later I woke up and was in a bed. My arm had bandages around it. I felt like it was a dream, but after I pinched myself nothing happened. A couple minutes later a man walked into the room. He had long, blond hair, and a pale face, blue eyes, white teeth, and he wore gold robes and a beard.

“Keke go nale Goldstone se nela y danles sen?” he said as he got some medications.

I really couldn’t understand him so I guessed.

“So you want me to go and kneel on a Goldstone and be shy and say ‘doing good stone?’” I asked. 

He frowned and shook his head and said, “Hi, my name is Goldstone and are you doing OK?”


“Oh, I’m g-g-ood,” I said as I felt a flash of pain flow through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment