Thursday, May 1, 2014

Justine

"One Thing I'm Good at is Ballet"
            One thing I'm an expert at ballet. I started ballet when I was five and did it one day a week. Now I am nine and I do it three days a week. I do ballet at Classical Ballet Academy. I have two teachers names Miss Sarah and Miss Susan.

            Ballet was invented in 1459 in Italy at a royal wedding. They danced to represent the foods they served. Can you imagine a carrot dance? King Louis IXV (14th) started the first ballet school called Royal Academy of Dance. Pierre Beauchamp developed the five basic positions.

            In the beginning, ballet dancers dressed in long, heavy dresses that went down to the floor. A Belgian dancer named Marie made dresses that went down to your ankles. Now ballerinas wear almost any costume. One of the costumes a ballerina wears is called a pancake tutu. Pancake tutus are flat like a pancake and you don't eat them.


            A beginner at ballets wears ballet slippers. Ballet slippers are soft and don't have flat tips. When your feet get stronger you get pointed shoes. Pointed shoes are hard and have flat tips so you can go endpoint. I'm not en Pointe yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment