Friday, May 30, 2014

Max

My Summer


This summer I am going to go to Grant Pool and relax.  Grant Pool has two ends. One is shallow and the other is deep.  There is a basketball hoop, diving platforms, and umbrellas that you can sit under if you don’t want to get too much of a tan.  Grant Pool also has a snack bar that sells popcorn, sodas, and frozen ices.

Another activity I am looking forward to this summer is going camping with my family and friends in Bend, Oregon.  We are going camping at Tumalo State Park.  I like to ride my bike and scooter around the campground with my friends and other kids that I meet.  The Deschutes River runs right past the campground.  It is fun to swim in but my favorite part is floating down the river on tubes.  Once you float down, it is fun to find and explore new paths on the way back up to the starting point.  It is important to be good at dodging rocks when floating down the river.

The next activity I am going to enjoy is skateboarding.  I am going to a skateboarding camp at Portland Parks and Recreation.  It is at a skate park called Glenhaven in East Portland.  My goal for this summer is to learn how to grind, kick flip, and pop shove-it.  Currently, I am working hard at keeping my balance while skateboarding in the empty pool.


My favorite activity that I am looking forward to the summer is attending Camp Kalsman sleep away camp in Arlington, Washington.  I will be going there for two weeks.  At camp, I enjoy archery, swimming, BBQ, smores, camp fires, and the rock wall.  It will be cool to see friends I haven’t seen since last summer.  I can’t wait to find out who is going to be in my bunk (hoog) and meet my counselors.  It will be fun to practice Hebrew with the counselors that are Israeli.   My #1 goal for camp is to get better at steering the canoe and my #2 goal is to have a faster time climbing the tower.  This is going to be the best summer ever.

Ms. Luria - Max I can't wait to hear about how camping is at Kalsman. I enjoyed going to a sleep away camp when I was a kid and have many memories of that! Have a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment