Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Elliana

I'm in third grade. My dream is to become a principal when I grow up. My favorite thing to do in school is to write and to help the teacher. The hardest part of school is when I have to do a lot of work. I don't like doing math because it is really hard.

One day my teacher gave me an assignment. She said, "Write a speech about what you want to be when you grow up."

I thought the assignment was fun. I worked on writing my speech for four days. I did it in class and at home too.

My mom said, "Great job Alisha. Your teacher is going to be proud of you."

The day of the speech I got to school and I went in my classroom. I did my morning work, which was math. I was thinking, "I can't wait till I read my speech."

Finally it was speech time. I had to wait for three people to read their speeches. They said they wanted to be a fireman, a policewoman and a gardener.

I walked into the back of the room to read my speech. I stood on the brown carpet, feeling nervous and happy. Then I read my speech. Here it is:

If I were principal at Sabin, I would change the whole school. We would have more fun. There would be less work. 
It would be fun because there would be more recess. There would be four recess a day. I would have basketballs, jump ropes, water guns with water in them and and sand box.  I would give the children candy every day. They would love the candy. I would give them fifty pieces a day. If kids behaved well I would give them money instead of golden tickets. The kids who were IB learners would find twenty dollars in their desk when they did a good job. 
The teachers would even give the girls a pedicure. They would have pink, purple and red nail polish. The cafeteria would be a ball room. 
Kids would not have to do as much work. The teachers would have to do 30 pages of work every day. The kids would have to do work like how many jelly beans can you shove in your mouth. They would count pieces of candy and then eat them up. Kids would feel happy about school.
I would love to be principal at Sabin because it would be the best job I'd ever had. It would be so cool. I would get to rule to teachers. Everybody would like me and I would be happy.  
 
At the end of my speech the kids clapped. My teacher said, "good job Alisha."

I felt thrilled. After school, mom came to pick me up. "Alisha, how was your day today?"

"It was awesome. I loved it! I loved it! I really, really, really loved it! I did art and Spanish, but the best part was my speech.

"I hope your speech comes true," my mom said to me. "Let's go get pizza and invite your friends to come over."

"Yah. Let's get cheese pizza."

30 years later

I have to read lots of books to become a principal at Sabin. It's my dream come true. I hope this is the best job ever. My first day at work I can't wait to rule the teachers and tell the teachers what to do. It will be so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. lots of character and emotion keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete