Thursday, May 1, 2014

Max

"Expert Speech on Snowboarding"
            Just so you know I'm not a pro at Snowboarding. I've only been snowboarding since I was 5 years old. Even though it’s my 3rd year of Snowboarding, I'm not to the part where you do tricks. If you would like to start Snowboarding, here are some expert tips on how to get started.
If you go Snowboarding, the first thing you need to have is a Snowboard. The second things you will need are a warm set of clothes including wool socks, waterproof pants, a wool hat, waterproof jacket, and warm mittens. I like to wear a Balaclava to keep the wind from stinging my face. The third thing you need is a pair of special Snowboarding boots which clip into the bindings of the Snowboard. The fourth things you will need are Snowboarding Goggles to protect your eyes from the wind and sun. The fifth thing you will need is a backpack full of food and equipment.

            There is some Science in Snowboarding. You have to know how to control your Snowboard or you will end up flat on your face. You turn your board and use the metal edges in order to stop on the snow. You can lean left or right to turn while keeping your legs bent. The most important thing is to relax and enjoy the ride.
            
            Snowboarding tricks are a lot of fun. The tricks are definitely the most dangerous part of Snowboarding and you have to be very careful when you do them. If you aren't careful, you'll most likely fall and get injured so it is important to practice on small obstacles before trying the big ones. The hardest trick (that I've ever heard of) is the Flying Squirrel. You have to do a 180 which is completely backwards, and do 2 back-flips. If you're a beginner in Snowboarding, this is definitely not the trick to try!

            Snowboarding is a very popular sport here in Oregon and one of my favorites. Even though I'm still learning to Snowboard, I love to talk about it and give people an advice. My favorite place to board is at Mount Hood. When I grow up I'm going to be the best Snowboarder.



No comments:

Post a Comment