Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Parker

Have you ever thought about sharks? Well I have and I’m going to tell you all I know about sharks.

There are many types of sharks. Some have sharp teeth, and like to eat fish. There are also some sharks that have no teeth at all, and open their mouth and strain the plankton out of the water. Some sharks can weigh up to 100,000 pounds. They have thick skin to survive the bottom of the ocean, and not get crushed by the pressure of the water. They don’t try to eat humans think their seal. Now you know about sharks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Parker.

    I like the fact that you learned a lot about sharks, and the different kinds of sharks. I like what you said about whale sharks, the ones that are huge and eat plankton.

    What is your favorite kind of shark?

    Crossing Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have included so many fascinating facts about sharks. I had no idea that their thick skin served a purpose: "They have thick skin to survive the bottom of the ocean, and not get crushed by the pressure of the water."

    Question: What do you like about sharks? When you think about them, what are you thinking about?

    Abbey

    ReplyDelete