Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jennifer

Day of the Dead. 

At Rigler school, we celebrate Day of the Dead every year.
   
We have a special way of celebrate thing here at Rigler. In the we even eat tamales. We make a family display for the auditorium. We do papel picado at the Library. We do sugar skulls at the cafeteria with people like adults and kids.
   
Many things happen on Day of the Dead Day of the happens in Mexico. Day of the Dead happens on November 1st and 2nd, people come out spirits on day of the dead. There are sugar coins and candy in the sugar skulls.

Skeletons are everywhere on Day of the Dead. Some are called calacas. Teenagers dress up as skeletons.People throw coins and treats at them. Children like seeing dancing skeletons.

1 comment:

  1. This is very well written. You present your material in a very readable format. Thank you for explaining the different activities so well.

    One thing and it's just a little thing is that you write, "In the we even eat tamales." and I'm thinking you meant to add evening after the word we.

    Keep up the good work. Have you started your own personal journal? When I was your age I wrote my first book. My friend and I each wrote our stories and read the new chapters to one another on the weekends. I still have my original manuscript. It's a fun activity. If you have a friend who likes to write, find some time to try it.

    Keep up the good work! Write, write, write!

    ReplyDelete