Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cindi

Day of the Dead! 

At Rigler school we celebrate day of the dead every year.

We have a special way of celebrating here at Rigler. In the evening, We eat tamales. We make a family display at the auditorium. In my classroom we make papel picado. We make sugar skulls at schools.

Many things happen on the day of the dead! In Mexico they have a special celebration. People   think about the people that are dead. It happens on the day of the dead in November 1 and 2. They paint faces like smiling skulls.

Skeletons are everywhere on day of the dead! Skeletons dance in the streets. The skeletons are funny. People give them colors. Children love to see skeletons dancing and playing in the streets.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great celebration!
    What is a papel picado? I think it is something made of paper, but I would like to know more detail about it. I really liked the end of your paper about the skeletons. It makes me wish I could have experienced it!
    Good Job,
    Mrs. T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pictured your celebration in my mind because you wrote so well and I imagined the photos of grandparents in the auditorium. I was also seeing the jiggling skeletons in pastels and it made me smile.
    Very good descriptions.
    Mrs. N.

    ReplyDelete