Monday, November 21, 2011

Jacy

Have you ever played 4 square? Well I have and its cool. The rules are, you get in line. Next the server serves the ball. Then you hit the ball into a different square. Finally the other person hit the ball and so on.

A type of hit you can do is a power hit, That a had hit. You can do a cherry bomb also. That’s a slam. Maybe if you lucky, you can do behind the back. That’s where you throw it behind your back. And my favorites the twist. That’s where you twist the ball.

You need special equipment to play. What you need is some chalk. To make a line. You’ll need a ball. To play. You need 2 to 4 players. To play with someone. And you’ll need good movement. That helps.

I play 4 square every day, and people get out. J is the best player I know. R cheats and says redo every time he gets out. Football and 4 square are my favorite sports.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jacy--

    I have never played 4 square. It sounds like you are a good player with a lot of experience. I think it's interesting that you think of "good movement" as a part of the equipment you need for a game. That may not be the way most people think of equipment for a game, but it certainly one of the things that will help if you want to play and enjoy it.

    How bit are the squares in 4 square? Where do you stand?

    Crossing Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point: Jacy, I am happy to hear that you can play 4 square everyday! Your description of the game tells me that it is a fast-moving and exciting game. I particularly liked your description of the different types of hits.

    Question: You said that 4 square takes 2 to 4 players to play. What if some is alone and wants to play? Do you think you could design a version of 4 square for only 1 player?

    Mr. W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jacy,

    I really love how you showed all of the different types of play in the game and the variety of throws. What about 4 Square makes it fun to play with other people you know?

    Mr. D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jacy,

    I used to play 4 square when I was in school, too! It was so much fun! It sounds like you really like to play 4 square and know a lot of really cool moves to use.

    Who do you like to play 4 square with? Do you get out a lot or do you get to stay in for a long time?

    Miss. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacy,
    I play 4 square with my friends sometimes too. It sounds like you know a lot of different moves! I've never been able to throw it behind my back before.

    What makes J the best player you know?

    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete