Sunday, December 11, 2011

Karla

    So this is how I became a pencil. So I was born in the big forest when suddenly I heard a loud noise. I noticed that I was getting chopped down by someone who had an axe “chomp” “chomp”. He chopped me down, I fell on the ground and I was scared and also saying “wee” “boom” I went. “Let’s go” yelled the man. I was taken by a big truck.
    Then I was at this place called the pencil factory. I was in the factory. They pushed me in this thing and I was turned into a smooth bright yellow pencil. Before I knew it I was in a box all squash and there was no space for me. I was put in a box got send to dollar tree. I got bought by this girl named Karla and her friend Katelyn. I got in a thing and I was sharpened by them.
    At first I was scared. I was out of the sharpener and I had a point, they were going to draw and they grabbed me and started to draw with me It was very fun. Then they name me pencil and my owner was Karla.
    We left to the house of Karla and she drew a little more. Then she went to sleep. It was night now see you. Then I went to sleep “zzz”. It was a day and it was time to go to school. I got to go with Karla, so she went in and started to sharpen other pencils and I was on the table next to her and another pencil.
    At first I was shy, and then I said “hi” and she said “hi” back and “ring” went the bell and school started, then when all the kids had done everything on the board, school was over. So now you know how I became a pencil. 

4 comments:

  1. Karla,

    I love the way you told the life story of a pencil by giving the pencil feelings and making it seem like it was a person. The image of the pencil feeling squashed in the box with all the other pencils, and then later shyly greeting the other pencil on the desk is lovely. I also like the idea of the pencil part of the tree being scared but still saying, "Whee!" on the way down to the ground.

    What other things could you write this kind of story about?

    Crossing Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent story Karla! I really enjoyed it. You are a good writer. Did you write this story with the pencil that the story is about?

    Do you know why so many pencils are yellow? I don't know why. Maybe yellow paint is the cheapest? Maybe you could look it up on the internet. Can you access the internet from your school?

    Looking forward to your next story,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good story. I really liked how you made a first person perspective from the pencil. I like how you started off the story with the pencil getting chopped of and being made, to going to Dollar Tree, to going to school with Kayla. You an really put a timeline in this story. Good job! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY LIKE YOUR STORY AND YOU WERE THE OWNER OF THE PINCEAL I LIKE THAT YOU USED DETAILS... YOU ARE A COOL PINCEAL I WISH I CAN BY YOU..
    ARE YOU GOOD TO PINCEALS?
    LANAIREOJE

    ReplyDelete