Sunday, December 11, 2011

Kendyl

Many years ago I was a tree born in China but when I grew up I was two years old. It was horrible! The people cut me down. “Timber” said the men.

    “Ouch” I said, that hurts! Before you know I’m sent to the eraser making place. This is horrible I’m now!

    This is horrible “Ouch” I said. That hurts. I got tossed around the room. When I was in preschool at the end of the day the kinds left. I’m getting in the pack. “Ha lady why are you shoving me in the pack?.” “Said the pencil. “

3 comments:

  1. Your pencil had a hard life, didn't it Kendyl. Preschool must be a tough place for a pencil.

    What did the lady say when the pencil complained about being shoved in the pack? I bet she was surprised to hear a pencil talk.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kendyl,

    This is quite an interesting story. I've never read a story about a pencil told in this perspective. All the ones that I've read always made the pencil happy to be a pencil but I suppose not all pencils are happy that they are made into one. I like that you gave the pencil feelings and that you made the pencil come alive.

    What did the lady do after hearing the pencil talk?

    Ms. K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendyl,
    This is another imaginitive story about a pencil! I read one by another student about a pencil just before yours! Everybody wants to tell the story of the poor pencil!
    How many pencils were made from that one poor tree? I bet there were hundreds of pencils made from just one tree so the tree should be proud of himself and the pencil now has many relatives to live with in his "pencil life"!
    Laura T

    ReplyDelete