Saturday, December 3, 2011

Parker

Have you ever played soccer? Well I have, and I’m going to tell you all I know about it. First I will tell you what you need. You need a soccer ball, I goal post for each side, a big space for the field to be, and as many players as you can find.

Next, I will tell you the rules. If you touch the ball with you hands, it’s a penalty, and wherever you are the other team gets a free kick. If the ball goes in between the 2 posts it’s a point. You can touch the ball with any body part but your hands, but if your a goalie it doesn’t count if it touches your hands. If the ball goes out of the boundaries, then the team that didn’t kick it out throws the ball back in the field. Last, I will tell you what the different types of people there are, what are they’re names, and where they stand. The person who stands at the goal is called the goalie. He tries to stop the ball from going in between the goal post. The referee stands off of the field, and calls fouls and penalties. The 3 attacks stand in the middle of the field. The last position is defence. They stand maybe 4 feet from the goal, and help the goalie keep the ball out of the gaol.

Now you know what you need where the peoples stand, and the rules. I hope you know how to play soccer.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Parker,

    I've never played soccer before and after reading this, I now know something about it. Thank you for sharing your knowledge about soccer. I like how you tell us about the players that are involved in the game. It is very detailed.

    Do you enjoy soccer? Do you like your position as a goalie or do you want to try being in a different position? Is soccer your favorite sport?

    Ms. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great description of soccer, Parker. Did you know that soccer is the most popular game in the world? Some places they call it football or futbol. Kids all over the world play soccer whenever they can.

    Do you ever watch grown-ups play soccer on TV? Some of the players are truly amazing. Both men and women play soccer, which is different from American football which involves a lot of violence.

    I like soccer because the rules are so simple, and all you need is a ball and a few friends to play with.

    Keep writing . . . and keep playing!

    David

    ReplyDelete