Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ben

    Hi my name is Ben the pencil. I was born in a forest in Alaska. When they chopped me down and made me into a pencil I was shipped to an antique store. I was bought by a 350 pound 67 year old man who delivered pencil to schools.
   
I was brought to a 2nd grade class of 22 kids. The only problem I have is I don’t like people, why you might wonder? Because they chopped me down!
  
  Luckily one of the kids took me home with him. Five days later he went to a therapist and forgot to take me out of his pocket. So I’m learning how to control my anger.
  
  One day I fell out of his pocket and landed next to a 5,000,000,000,000 year old pencil. The pencil was not very nice. Plus he said the meanest thing I have ever heard for what a pencil can hear anyway. He said, “You are the dullest pencil in the world” when he said that I think I broke my led.
   
One day after 16 years next to that pencil a person came looking for firewood. He found me. So that is my sad but true ending of me
R.I.P
Ben the pencil
(2002-2012)

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome pencil story. I can really see from your pencils eyes.



    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so funny


    at the end ben from tommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ben, you sure put a lot of specific facts and figures in your story! That made it interesting. I was sorry, though, that once we had been introduced to the 350 pound 67 year old man we didn't get to hear any more about him. What happened to him? By telling us so much about him you made us want to learn more.

    I also like the clever insult you used from one pencil to another: "You are dull!". But at least if a pencil is dull someone can sharpen it! Did you mean to make that pun?

    Good story.
    David

    ReplyDelete