Friday, May 17, 2013

Violet - 2nd grade work sample



“Soccer”

            I like to play soccer. I am an expert at playing soccer. I started playing soccer at the beginning of first grade. There are special instructions special to play the sport. After the game we do things like cheer for the other team.

            The first time I played soccer, I really like it. Our team is called Galaxy. One of my friend’s moms taught about starting a soccer team in first grade. I have lots of members on my team. Each time we play, we play harder teams.

            Of course you need rules to play soccer. One of the first rules is that everyone needs to have cleats and shin guards. You also need to be wearing a team uniform. You can’t push people while you are playing. Another rule is you can only touch the ball with your feet. You’re trying to get the ball into the goal. You really need to pass if you want to get the ball inside the goal. Make sure your also running. You have to toy hard. That is how you play soccer.

            I am an expert at soccer because I’ve been playing for two years. I always try my best to get a goal. I am very good at keeping control of the ball. I follow all the rules of the team. When I grow up I hope to be on the Olympic soccer team.



5 comments:

  1. I am a British journalist and television producer living in Los Angeles, California. We call "soccer" by the name of "football." Your enthusiasm for soccer definitely shines through in your writing. It's great to see that you cheer for the other team, even though you probably like to win your games. Lots of luck with your writing and your continued soccer playing. I will look for your name in the 2024 Olympic Games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Violet! I bet you become an expert Olympic soccer player if you are focused and determined. Thank You for sharing the rules of soccer. You inspire me to play. Keep playing soccer and keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Olivia! It sounds like you are quite the soccer pro :) Keep practicing and the Galaxy will be Olympic champions soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violet, soccer is a great sport! When I was younger my favorite soccer player was Brandi Chastain, and her jersey number was my favorite number - number 6!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Violet - I really enjoyed reading your well written story about soccer. It sounds like you are really good! I think it's great that you are involved in a team sport. Being a part of a team is so important - it's important as a child and important as an adult. Going to soccer practices is really important to work on your skills and a great way to get some exercise! I think it's great that you aspire to be in the Olympics. Keep dreaming - don't give up and always remember to be the best you can be!

    ReplyDelete