Monday, May 13, 2013

Cory - 2nd grade work sample



“Biking”
            I’m an expert on biking with my mother to the park because she wants to get exercise. Me and my mom bike to the park it’s sunny. When we bike my mom always has to pump her bike tires.

            Some equipment you need is a pump, a helmet, kneepads, shoulder, flash lights. You also need to check your bike gears, check your tires air. I was inspired by Tony Hawk because he’s excellent when he bikes on ramps. When he does tricks on his bike he does it on ramps and he does back flips or front flips.

When I first started biking I was at my aunt Frenchies house with my cousin Luquis. I and my cousin rode our bikes together and I was trying to ride without training wheels but soon I learned. I like biking because I can bike with my friends. 

5 comments:

  1. Well done Cory this is a really good piece of work. You cover everything and it is lovely to read that you and your mom are doing it together. Keep practising and you will soon be doing tricks like Tony Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cory,

    It's nice to see you like biking so much, and great to hear that you got off your training wheels. I used to bike with my mom too. Your writing is very good too. Keep at it.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cory. I enjoyed reading your writing about bicycling. Clearly, you know about the equipment one needs to bike, and you let me know that you and your mom enjoy bicycling together. Keep up with your writing. It's fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cory

    It was really nice to read about what you and your mum do together. My son spends a lot of time on his computer - I'm going to suggest that he and I go out on our bikes and enjoy the sunshine. Well done for learning to ride without your training wheels - I know how hard it can be to balance and peddle all at the same time! Keep practising and who knows, one day you could be doing tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work Cory. This is an excellent piece of writing. Makes me want to start biking too. Thanks for sharing about what kind of equipment you need to start biking. It is great that you have safety in mind since you mentioned needing a helmet, kneepads and flash lights. Safety is very important.

    Rowena

    ReplyDelete