Friday, May 17, 2013

Adelle




“Authors”

            My favorite authors are Scott O’Dell and Beverly Cleary. Scot O’Dell writes back mostly about India. Beverly Cleary writes books about kids mostly.

            Indians are mostly what Scott O’Dell writes about. Scott O’Dell wrote: a novel of Sacguiga,  Island of the blue dolphins. Thunder rolling in the mountains, My name is not Angelica, Zia and Carlota. I plan to read all or Sean O’Dell’s books!

            Beverly Cleary writes mostly about kids. Beverly Cleary wrote: Romana (6 books). Hennery (6 or 7 books), Ralph (3 books), and much more. Beverly Cleary’s books are interesting, funny, detailed and I can relate to everything because she writes about kids and I’m a kid. Beverly Cleary lived on my block I live and know when she was a kid.

2 comments:

  1. How lucky you are, Adelle, because you live in the same block as your favorite writer did! Who knows, some day you might meet her! I loved your text! Keep reading a lot of books, this is going to be very important when you grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adelle,

    If you like these books, you should try reading other books that have won the Newbery Award. The award is given every year to the best young adult book for that year. Island of the Blue Dolphins won in 1961! I am trying to read all of them (though it will take me a very long time). Here is the list of all the winners since the prize started in 1921: http://www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants/bookmedia/newberymedal/newberyhonors/newberymedal.

    One of my favorites so far has been "The Westing Game" by Ellen Raskin.

    Please keep reading!

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete