Monday, May 20, 2013

Afton - 3rd grade work sample



“Soccer”
       
     I got involved by playing soccer with my friend, Jarred. Then it got bigger, my mom signed me up for practice. The team was involved with the Timbers. It took me a month but I finally mastered that level of soccer. I enjoyed my coach.
        
    In soccer you have to have to make a goal for whatever team you’re playing for. You cannot use your hands. When you are going for the goal you must dribble. You can use tricks to help get around other players. I think sometimes these instructions can be hard.
         
   The soccer equipment you need is soccer shoes and long socks. You need big shorts so you can move around better. You need protective shin pads. And you need a large T-shirt. This equipment is good for soccer.
        
    I look up to the Timbers. They are the Portland soccer team. They wear the color green. They work hard to win. They are good players.
       
     After practice I would go to get ice cream. I would also go to the hotcake and steak house. When I go to sleep that night I would sleep well. The next day I would be refreshed. That’s part of why I liked practice.
  
          I moved up to the next level “modern hotshot”. That was the 2nd level in my coach’s mind. And by then I thought of myself a pretty darn good player. Now I’m considered a VIP MVP whatever you would call me but I was every single darn thing but bad. I love being the best of the best.

4 comments:

  1. Afton...that is a great post. It's nice to see you really enjoy soccer. I used to play center halfback for my team in high school and I also made the all-star team. Keep at it. You may even be able to play in college someday. And keep at the writing. You tell your story well.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear VIP MVP,

    Super job of writing about playing soccer, what one needs to play, and how you have excelled at achieving success in this sport. I encourage you to always try to be "best of the best." It's a grand goal in life, and your writing shows that you have what it takes to succeed. Keep up the good work, both in writing and in sports!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, for the complements about my acheivements.


      Afton

      Delete
  3. Afton,
    I like your story. I think sports are important because they DO help you to sleep better and feel better. Alma plays soccer too! YOu guys should play on the playground sometime.
    genna

    ReplyDelete