Saturday, May 11, 2013

Ruby - 2nd grade work sample



“The Beatles”
            The Beatles were from Liverpool, England. They became very famous in the 1960’s for their music. The Beatles are special because they change rock and roll. I am expert on the Beatles because I love their music.
            Paul McCartney wanted to play the guitar, but his parents wouldn’t let him because they wanted him to play piano or violin. He played bass guitar for the Beatles and sang a lot of songs. He was a born chubby, so his brother teased him. I like Paul because he is funny, smart and a great guitar player.
            Ringo Starr played the drums and was the oldest Beatle. As a child, Ringo was in a coma for ten months. Ringo learned how to play the drums during his time in the hospital. I like Ringo because he is funny, nice and very brave.
            John Lennon was the lead guitar player in the Beatles. John was born during World War II. So, at the time he was born, the hospital walls shook because of the falling bombs. John’s mother died in a car crash when he was 18. I like John because he is creative, funny, smart and of course, a very good guitar player.
            George Harrison was the third person to join the Beatles. George had the happiest childhood of all the Beatles. George was also the youngest Beatle. George got inspired by music when he was fourteen by listening to the radio. I like George because he plays guitar well, he is one of the Beatles, and he is very nice.
            I like Beatles because they are such great musicians. I read their books because they are full of facts. I watched their movies because they are so funny and cool. I listen to their music because it is great and it makes me feel happy. The Beatles are my favorite band ever!



8 comments:

  1. Hello Ruby,

    Wow! You know a lot about the Beatles. Would you believe that I did not know any of these facts? You taught me a lot today. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria from the UKMay 16, 2013 at 1:52 AM

    The Beatle's music is timeless which means it stays popular for many years and people like it no matter how old they are. I really liked how you found out information about the band and each individual member in that band. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Beatles too - it is great that you wrote something about each of them, I didn't know many of the facts you wrote about their early lives and it was very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Beatles also. I have been listening to the Beatles music for many years. I like the way you wrote about each member of the band.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Beatles too! Thanks to you I know some interesting facts about them I had not heard before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Beatles too! But I didn't know much about this until I read this post. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you tell about each Beatle: you tell not only what he does with the group, but you tell something personal about him as well.

    That makes your story much richer for me.

    If you could be most like one of the Beatles, which one would you choose?

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have done a great job, Ruby, of researching and writing facts about each of the Beatles. I also think the organization of your report is very good. You have created a writing piece that has an introduction, several paragraphs of solid facts, and a good conclusion. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete