Monday, May 13, 2013

Dylan - 2nd grade work sample


Swimming
            I am good at swimming. I swim at Nike. Right now I am at level 3, but I started in level 1. We go kayaking and canoeing so I need to know how to swim. I also like playing in the water so I took swimming in case I fall in when I am playing.
            I really want to get to level 6. My sister and brother are in level 4. If you get level 6, you can be on the swim team. It will take me a couple of years to join the swim team. It takes lots of practice to get to level 6 but I enjoy swimming a lot.
            There are many ways to swim. First you need to kick your legs and move your arms. You take two strokes and then you breathe. I can also do the torpedo. The torpedo is a fast glide. The dog is practice for breathing. I like swimming because it is very very good exercise.
            If I practice at swimming, I will be able to go in the deep end of the pool. I could even dive off a big diving board. If I practice hard, I could be a life guard. I am trying to be a competitor and be famous like Ryan Lochte. I hope I can be a famous swimmer too.

4 comments:

  1. Dylan
    I used to swim when I was younger and agree with everything you have put. It is very important to be able to swim so well done! Your story was really good and brought me back to when I was learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dylan. This is a very well-written piece. You obviously enjoy swimming and have set clear goals for yourself. That is a great idea, whether for swimming, for your writing, for school in general, or even for life. Your writing shows excellent organization with a good introduction, solid factual support, and a clear conclusion. Your future is bright, because with hard work, you can do anything you set your mind to. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dylan

    What a lovely story. I am excited for you, you sound like you are doing a great job learning to swim and in no time, you will get to Level 6. I like your writing, keep up the good work!

    Rowena

    ReplyDelete
  4. From,Max ARE YOU VERY GOOD AT SWIMMING?

    ReplyDelete