Monday, May 13, 2013

Mason - 2nd grade work sample


Fencing
            I’m an expert on fencing. It all started when I began reading Spiderwick, it has a lot of fencing. Then we moved and there was a fencing studio across the street. Now I have been fencing since summer. That is how I got started fencing.
            To fence you have to have a lot of equipment. The most important thing is a sword. Also a mask is important, if you don’t have a mask you could get badly injured. Another important thing is to have a breast plate, so if you get stabbed it won’t hurt. Fencing is fun when you have armor.
            Did you know they have fencing in the Olympics? My dad has fenced in the junior Olympics. There are bronze, silver and gold medals. Mostly in the Olympics men fence men. Someday I want to be in the fencing Olympics.
            Fencing is really fun. I’m going to keep fencing so I can get better. I’m going to keep practicing so I can get in the Olympics. You have to be really good to be in the Olympics. I hope you now know more about fencing then you did before.

3 comments:

  1. This has really taught me about fencing as I had only seen it on the TV. Your story is very descriptive! Well done and keep practising so you make it to the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason,

    It was very interesting to learn about fencing from you. You sound like you know a lot about it. I know very little about it and have never really watched it in the olympics. Keep up the fencing and the writing.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mason. Your fencing story is interesting and I'm so glad for you that you've had the opportunity to learn this sport. Much like writing, fencing takes strategy, thinking, and skill. Also like writing, the more you practice, the better you become. Keep up with your desire to excel. It will pay off!

    ReplyDelete