Friday, May 17, 2013

Rakyah - 2nd grade work sample



            My name is Rakyah, I’m an expert on gymnastics. I started doing gymnastics when I was 2 years old. I learned all the easy stuff like cartwheels, hand stand, kick overs and front flips/tucks when I was 4. Now I’m doing back hand springs, back tuck and cartwheels with no hand. I also like teaching. I teach Naime’s brother Nasir.

            I love doing it on trampolines. That’s how I learned how to do back hand spring, and back tucks. Also my dad and god sisters taught me how. That’s why I like going over there. They must like teaching me so I can get better.

            I’ve been trying to do back tucks for a very long time. Same as back hand springs. I run up the wall and fall to my feet. I teach my sister, brother and cousins. But they never listen, my brothers do they want to learn.

            You will need some mats, sweats/ jump suit. Also some running space like a gym. I do this because it’s my favorite thing to do. I learned by doing it on grass at parks. People say I’m a risk taker because I try new gymnastics moves.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rakyah! You sound like a great coach, and a risk taker. No hands? Wow! Keep striving to do your best in gymnastics and in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rakyah! Sounds like you will be quite the gymnast one day if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rakyah

    Thank you for writing such as interesting post! You have explained all the things you do in gymanastics very well and makes me want to try them. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Rakyah!

    Your story tells me that you a very accomplished gymnast at a young age! I am quite impressed that you are teaching your skills to others. Although you may not realize it, you are getting a lot of experience to help prepare you for the future. I’m sure that you will be successful at anything that you decide to do when you grow up!

    Thank you, so much, for sharing your story with us. Enjoy your last weeks of the school year and have a fun and safe summer!

    Your friend,

    Lori R.

    ReplyDelete