Monday, December 17, 2012

Lexi

Lexi
 
During Kwanzaa they have special symbols and celebrate for 7 days. The symbols are used to celebrate  African American traditions. People start celebrating the day after Christmas.

 
The symbols are used to celebrate African American tradition. The flag is the same pattern as the American flag but is black, red, green. The color green represents hope for the future. The color red represents the blood connects in us all.

 
People start celebrating the day after Christmas. People celebrate Kwanzaa for 7 days. They have a party on the 6th day of Kwanzaa. The color green represents hope for the future. The color red represents the blood connects in us all. The color black represents the African Americans. People wear light and bright colors like yellow, orange and  red.
Did you know there are 7 principles of each candle? The 7 principles are unity, control, cooperation, sharing of profits, creativity and faith. The name in American language of Kiswahil are Umoja, Kujichaguka, Ujlma, Ujamca, Nia, Kuumba and Imani.

 
Did you know there are 3 green candle, 3 red candles and 1 black candle? All of the kids is corn so it can be on a Kwanzaa table. One kid might have a flag and sing Kwanzaa songs. I was surprised to learn that there are 7 principles in Kwanzaa.

4 comments:

  1. Lexi,

    I'm so amazed about what outstanding work you did on your 4 paragraphs. How did you do them all by yourself? I Love how you showed so much information about the 7 principles. Where did you get information about the candles representing them? I think you just listened to the teacher when we weir in class.

    How did you learn the American way of saying the meetings of the 7 principles?I think it is really cool that you did 2 pages on paper.You did more work than everyone in class!I think it might be fun to celebrate Kwanzaa one day,don't you think so.I absolutely love your 4 paragraphs so much!I hope you can tell me the answers to my questions.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ella,

      I learned how to say the 7 principles from a book ,and said it out loud to my self.

      Lexi

      Delete
  2. Lexi, Wonderful writing and I learned a lot. Another celebration at this time of year is Hanukkah which has 8 candles each for one day of the celebration, and a 9th candle which is used for lighting the others.

    Please tell your classmates I have read many of your stories - am amazed that you are 2nd & 3rd graders because you write so well.

    Have a wonderful holiday season.
    Mom Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ms. Catherine,

      I did write about Hanukkah, but Ms.Luria didn't put it up yet.

      Thanks for writing me

      Lexi

      Delete