Monday, December 17, 2012

Jack


Jack
            Over 500,000 homes get cut down a year. Trees provide animal homes for over 42 different kinds of animals. Deforestation has many negative effects on our lives in Oregon. Trees provide shelter, food, recreation, oxygen and beauty for our community. If our community ignores this problem then a lot of animal homes will disappear and the air will be less clean.
            Cutting down trees (skipped) losing animal homes is a big problem in Oregon. Some people go paperless to not use up trees, other people plant trees on their property. Our community recycles paper and composts too. Oregon passed laws that will try not to cutdown as many trees. So I plan to plant a tree in my backyard in spring. I hope an animal makes a home there.

1 comment:

  1. Jack,

    I can't believe that 500,000 trees get cut down a year!I think that is the most saddest thing I've heard this year.Who would do such a thing and why?I think that planting trees in your back yard is a great idea Jack.People should do it other places like their back yard too.

    I think that people who don't use paper are very caring and nice.I won't use paper or buy paper that I don't need.If their are 42 different animals that don't have a home then I will help.

    Ella.

    ReplyDelete