Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ella


            When I got my dress on, and the grownups stopped talking, I got so nervous. My head was pounding with excitement. I went into my living room. What song was I supposed to sing? Oh no, I forgot the song!
            I just stopped and sat there looking around at people. Finally my dad announced the song, so I remembered the song and began to sing. Then the song was over and people were clapping and cheering for me. My family was so proud of me, I was also proud.
            I was so proud of myself after the song was all over. So from that day I wanted to be a singer. 

3 comments:

  1. Ella, I really like how you started your story in the middle of the action. I like how you used descriptive words like "nervous," "excitement," and "proud" that show how your feelings changed.

    Do you remember what song you sang? Do you still sing that song?

    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella, you did a great job of showing how it was hard at first but you were able to do it anyway. I would try not to use "got" twice in the first sentence - maybe I WAS so nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella, I loved how you built up the suspense right away. I immediately wondered what would happen next: Would you remember the song or not?

    You also did a great job painting a picture of the scene. I felt like I was standing in your shoes, feeling nervous! The story pulled me in right away and I was hoping you would be successful.

    That was very nice of your Dad to help you out!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete