Sunday, January 6, 2013

Elena


“Dancing on the stage for the first time”
            My first day of the show, my mom dropped me off so I could put on my costume before it started. Now it was my groups’ turn, I had a partner, we went on the stage. I felt my heart began thumping.
            I danced and I felt the joy of music in my head. Everyone was quiet so it made me think of what was the surprise. My partner was my friend Ellegra so it made me more comfortable.
            Then I look at what was doing my teacher, so the dance would look good. After the first dance we went to the back stage so we could change for our next dance.
            The next dance was easier; it was the Mexican dance, the last dance. I felt calm, but when I got on stage my hat fell off, I was so scared that I could hear my heart thumping. I acted calm so that everybody would think it was meant to.
            Finally I put my hat on and danced. When it was over, on of the teachers told me that you did well. I was happy after all. The surprise to celebrate was a drink but a good one. 

2 comments:

  1. Elena,
    This is a beautiful and thoughtfully written piece. You really transported me to that stage! Your use of commas and apostrophes is brilliant. Clearly punctuation is important to you! Be careful with your verb tenses and pronouns, though. Sometimes if you read the assignment out loud it's easier to catch the mistakes because they just don't sound right.

    Thank you for a lovely story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how talk about how you feel.

    ReplyDelete