Monday, March 2, 2015

Valynn

Did you know that potatoes came from Peru?  People around the world use potatoes in many different ways.  I’m going to tell you their history.


A long time ago, people from Peru became the first potato farmers.  Peru introduced potatoes to Belgium and Italy  Soon the people of Belgium and Italy began to fry up strips of potatoes.  They cut them up and fried them on the stove.  Soon the stripes began to spread around the world.  These strips were called french fries.


Over time, french fries changed a lot!  Soon, people started to bake the strips in a layer of greece to make it tasty.  The fries became very popular.  They began to eat potatoes, hash browns, mashed or fried.  Some popular places potatoes grow are U.S.A., France, Poland, China, India, and Germany.  Potatoes are very popular today.


Now you know where potatoes are from, the foods potatoes can make, and potatoes, history.  Do you like potatoes?

3 comments:

  1. Point: I love potatoes. I especially like them mashed. "Do you like potatoes?"

    Question: That was a great history lesson about potatoes! I would like to know where Canadians get their potatoes from.

    Ms. Loftus

    ReplyDelete
  2. val , i liked how you talked about were the food was from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting, I learned a lot about potatoes. My favorite part was when you said "They began to eat potatoes, hash browns, mashed or fried." I love all of those ways to eat them, mashed is my favorite. I would like to know if you've ever tried potato soup? That's a great way to eat them too.

    Caroline H.

    ReplyDelete