Monday, March 2, 2015

Ayla

Did you know tea wasn’t always ground leaves in a bag?  It used to be just leaves in boiling water.  I know!  It’s weird, tea got really, really,  popular all around the world.  Tea is like well . . . famous but as in a lot of people drink it.


It’s true, did you hear that tea replaced England’s national drink ale?   Well, I’m happy it did because tea make’s me fall asleep.  That’s cool!  I know right?  Tea originated in China but really I thought it came from Japan.  Who knew it’s from China?  A long time ago, the Boston Tea Party happened.  It was no regular party I’m telling you.  The British were taxing the Americans on tea. The people were mad, very mad.  So very mad that they did not want to drink the British tea anymore.  The people went aboard a ship and dumped all that tea in the ocean making it brown.  It seems like a waste of tea but we did it.


Now tea is in markets everywhere.  Its nice to think that the tea you drink comes from a whole different place.  It seems so hard to be possible.  But still it is true.  


Foods or drinks like tea used to be hard to get because people would have to either go on a boat or walk.  So people would make food out of scratch.  So bye, bye, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Tea’s ingredients is boiling water and tea leaves and other things too  Tea has two things ground up and boiled then enjoyed!  

Though tea originated in China it is now enjoyed all around the world.  I have tea sometimes but still to me it doesn’t taste too good.

6 comments:

  1. This was very interesting! Tea is one of my favorite drinks. My favorite part was when you said "It seems like a waste of tea but we did it." When I first learned about it, that was my thought too. I would like to know if you have tried the bottled green tea? I think that kind is the best.

    Caroline H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayla,
    I liked to see you looked for what was that Boston Tea Party. Looks like you are a very curious student and that is very important.
    "The British were taxing the Americans on tea. The people were mad, very mad. So very mad that they did not want to drink the British tea anymore. The people went aboard a ship and dumped all that tea in the ocean making it brown."

    Do you know what year the Boston Tea Party was? This would be also very interesting to know. What do you think?

    Ms Guimaraes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Point: I like that you are interacting with the reader by asking questions like: "Did you hear that tea replaced England’s national drink ale?" or "Who knew it’s from China?" It makes the reader question what you write and helps them to think about it.

    Question: You said that you do not like tea that much, then what actually is your favorite drink and what do you like to eat with it?

    Karima

    ReplyDelete
  4. Point: I liked how you opened your passage with a question. It invited the reader into your essay. "Did you know tea wasn't always ground leaves in a bag?"

    Question: Have you ever been to a market where there is tea, like you mentioned in the third paragraph?

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Point: I love how you added your opinions and comments on the history of tea into your essay. Great job!
    Question: How did tea get from China to England? Thatʻs a really long way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sentence is sorta funny: The people went aboard a ship and dumped all that tea in the ocean making it brown.I'm glad you included it.I never new that till now.








    ReplyDelete