Monday, March 2, 2015

Johnny

Tom was riding in a boat.  Suddenly a storm came and blew his boat and it crashed into a rock by an island.  Tom swam to the island and cried, “Help!  Help!”  


Tom thought, maybe I can spell help out.  Tom said yes, that’s it.  I will spell it out.


He grabbed some sea shells and spelled help out with them.  A helicopter soon came and saw it.  The pilot also saw Tom and lowered his ladder.  Tom was excited.  He was getting off the island.  He climbed up the ladder.  The pilot then flew him back to his home.  

3 comments:

  1. I liked the sentence where you said Tom spelled out his name in seashells. I thought that was a unique and interesting detail to include. "He grabbed some sea shells and spelled help out with them"

    I would love to know more about Tom's journey. Why was he on a boat in the ocean? What else was on the island? How long was he on the island?

    Great Job Johnny!

    Priyanka P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point: I like that you showed Tom thinking in your story. It helps build the story when you can see your character's thought process, and makes the character more real.

    Question: What if Tom hadn't thought of the perfect solution immediately? Do you think he might have tried other ways to escape or find help that didn't work before he thought about spelling out "help" with the shells?

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you put :Tom thought, maybe I can spell help out. Tom said yes, that’s it. I will spell it out.

    From curtis

    ReplyDelete