Friday, March 20, 2015

Bibi


Mr. and Ms.Iverson were going on a walk after dinner. They were walking in the forest near their house. It was a very sunny day, not a day to watch TV.

Mr.Iverson said, ”Why don’t we ever find something unusual these days while we are walking?”

Mrs.Iverson said, ”I don’t know why we never find things unusual these days.”

Mr.Iverson said, “I wonder if we’ll find something unusual?” I guess today was their lucky day. Guess what they found.

“Hey look Mr.Iverson it’s an egg.” The egg was about as big as a tire. It was green with big spots all over it. The egg was behind a tree, sort of hidden.
Mrs.Iverson said, “What, this can’t be true!!!” They kept on yacking about the egg and decided to take it home.

She said, “How about we get the old pick-up truck from when we were kids.”

Mrs.Iverson said, “Well just go get it.”

Mr.Iverson went on a trip to the garage to get old Mary Jane, the pick-up truck.

He went on singing, “ Oh Mary Jane, Mary Jane little old Mary Jane.” Oh there you are, I missed you Mary, my truck.” Mr.Iverson hopped into the front seat of Mary and opened the garage door. He went zooming, (at least that’s what it felt like), out of the garage ar 2 miles per hour. (Yeah I know, slow right.)

As soon as Mr.Iverson got to Mrs.Iverson it was 9:00.
Mrs.Iverson said in anger, “ Where were you!”

Mr.Iverson said, “I - I was starting the engine.”

Mrs.Iverson said, “Oh, I guess I can believe that, she is getting old.”

Mr.Iverson said, “Yes finally you said she!!!”

Mrs.Iverson said, “Ok let’s get back on track, (the egg).”

Mr.Iverson said in an excited way, “Yes!” Mr.Iverson said, “I’ll pick it up.” Mr. Iverson picked up the egg. It was really heavy, as heavy as an elephants foot. As soon as Mr.Iverson put the egg in the backseat, he went in too. Mrs.Iverson got into the front seat and started to drive.

A couple of minutes, okay hours later they arrived at the garage door. Mrs.Iverson stopped the car and got out to push the garage door opener. Mrs.Iverson yelled, “WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!!!!”
Mr.Iverson woke up and said, “WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!”

Mrs.Iverson said, “Nothing you sleepy head.”  He woke up and got out of the back (or the trunk). Mr.Iverson and Mrs.Iverson headed towards the door that opened into the house.

They heard a loud crack that sounded like, “crick crack crick crack.” They turned around and looked at the same exact time. They made a swoosh sound because their heads turned so fast. They saw something really really really unusual that they all thought was extinct.

It was a dinosaur!!!!!! The dinosaur was about as big as a Great Dane. It had yellow wings.

Mrs.Iverson screamed ( I didn’t tell you that Mrs.Iverson was the scaredy cat in her family). The dinosaur tried to fly. It was just a new born. It knocked over the paint and spilled it on top of their pick up truck. They it flew over to the gardening supplies and crashed into a rake.
Mr.Iverson ran to the garage opener and opened it. The dinosaur opened it’s slimy new wings again and flapped to get the goop off. The dinosaur started to flap more and lifted off the ground. It flew towards the open garage door and then it flew as fast as it could to get out of sight.

“Well, I never knew we were going to find something really rare,” said Mrs. Iverson.

“I guess we were wrong about never finding anything unusual,” replied Mr. Iverson. They walked to their bedroom and fell asleep, dreaming about having the dinosaur as a new pet.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a very nice story! Lots of great details. My favorite part was: "The dinosaur was about as big as a Great Dane." I liked that because I know how big Great Danes are, so I could picture the dinosaur's size quite well. I would like to know if the dinosaur will come back and be their pet?

    Caroline H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story Bibi! Wouldn't it be cool if we found a dinosaur egg? You are an excellent writer. I like your use of comparisons: "as heavy as an elephants foot" and I like how descriptive your writing is: "They made a swoosh sound because their heads turned so fast." You did a great job introducing the story as well as concluding it. You also included just the right amount of detail. Keep up the great work! Love, Mah XO

    ReplyDelete