Monday, March 2, 2015

Eleanor


Did you know wheat is in almost everything you eat. Wheat is ordinarily from southwest Asia. It grows by being planted. It is used to make breads. Wheat used to be picked in the wild, but now it is planted by people. After people plant wheat it is mostly used to make bread, porage and cereal. It is also used to make hot dog buns. People first didn’t use wheat for anything, but over time people starting picking wheat and making it into porage. Then people started to make all kinds of bread. Wheat was ordinarily from southwest Asia but now it is found all over the world. My favorite way to eat wheat is in sourdough bread.

8 comments:

  1. Point: I like how you started off with a question: "Did you know wheat is in almost everything you eat." It made me curious to read further.
    I also like how the sentences are simple, concise, and informative.
    I also like how you ended the essay in a personal way by giving an example from your life: "My favorite way to eat wheat is in sourdough bread."

    Question: I would love to see what your paragraph would read like if you had the opportunity to edit it for spelling and punctuation. I would also love to read more about how wheat spread from Southwest Asia to the rest of the world and why it came to be in almost everything we eat.

    Tanvi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point: I liked that you taught us that wheat came from Southwest Asia. "Wheat was ordinarily from southwest Asia but now it is found all over the world."

    Question: Could you tell us where it is grown now and how it got there?

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you researched wheat and it's history. I really like wheat and bread too!
    Have you ever gone to a wheat farm before?

    Lauren S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Point: As a baker, I love making sourdough bread! "My favorite way to eat wheat is in sourdough bread."

    Question: What other products can you find wheat in?

    Ms. Loftus

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you started off engaging the reader and then finishing with a strong personal voice. What other specific information do you have to share about wheat? For instance what did the people of Southwest Asia create with wheat? Hotdog buns? Cake? Yum. Or something else? Keep up the good writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Testing. Great writing, Eleanor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eleanor, great writing!

    ReplyDelete