Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Emmy

Today we watched videos about where food comes from. Many of the foods I learned about are grown in Mexico. I just visited Mexico with my family,so I want to share some facts about foods that are grown in Mexico, such as bananas, pineapples, coffee, chocolate, oranges and tomatoes.
 The foods that are grown in Mexico today have not always grown there. For example, oranges were first grown in China and bananas are from Malaysia. Coffee was first grown in Africa and pineapples were first grown in Brazil. Lots of tomatoes grow in Mexico today but were originally grown in Peru. Delicious and yummy chocolate was first grown in Mexico where it still grows today.
 It was so interesting to learn about foods that grow in Mexico since I just went there. Now when I eat foods that are grown in mexico, I can remember my fun trip.



5 comments:

  1. good report Emmy preston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point: It sounds like you enjoy history and learning about the world. I like how you describe where people first starting producing food found in Mexico. "Coffee was first grown in Africa and pineapples were first grown in Brazil."

    Question: I would like to know more about your trip. Did you visit any farms that had any of the food you describe? What other exciting things did you see or taste in Mexico?

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Point: I like that you mentioned different examples of foods that are grown in Mexico and where they originally came from. Very interesting! "For example, oranges were first grown in China and bananas are from Malaysia."

    Question: What food(s) did you enjoy eating the most while visiting Mexico?

    Great work!
    - A

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is all very interesting. I went to Mexico when I was 11 and I had no idea that all that was grown there. I did know that they grew chocolate there though. They grow as really big beans on trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading this because I am Mexican! The part where you mention where some of the foods were originally grown is very interesting.

    What is your favorite mexican food or dish?

    ReplyDelete