Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Parker

I've been scared of a movie called Cowboys and Aliens.
I saw a blue tongued lizard at my aunt's work.
I love any video game you give me.
I lost some video games.

I once stayed up all night.
I've found a dead bird sitting in a tree.
Twice I've lost a grandpa.

I've held a blue tongued lizard.
I've heard a coyote howl from a mile away.
I once screamed at my dad to stop talking to me.
I once caught a runaway cat.

The feel of loneliness reminds me of him.
I've been scared of
the thought of having no family.
I've raised little chickens and ducks.

2 comments:

  1. Parker,

    Thank you for sharing all of those great experiences! You have so many things to write about and I'm glad that you are sharing them with us. I would like to hear more about them though, maybe you could say more about them like "I once caught a runaway cat and named him Chester, he sleeps under my bed." Keep it up, Parker, you're doing great!

    -Preston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point: I really liked the sentence where write about hearing a coyote howl. I think coyote howls are scary, so I think you must be very brave to decide to write about hearing one. "I've heard a coyote howl from a mile away."

    Question: Is a second part to this poem where you write about what makes you happy instead of what makes you afraid?

    Brenna

    ReplyDelete