Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jacy

Tiny life on the ground talks about 2 types of germs called bacteria and fungus. Did you know that ½ of a spoonful of dirt has 500,000 bacteria in it? Bacteria is a living thing but it only has one cell! Bacteria is a really important gem! Without it we would be buried in animals because it eats dead animals and dead plants.

Fungi is another one of tiny living things. Some fungi you can not see without a microscope.
Some of the large group of fungi live on the ground, and some of them live in other places. I learned a lot about fungi and bacteria.

4 comments:

  1. You sound like you have learned alot! My question is: Is fungus a germ?
    I really like how you begin the second part of your paper; I enjoyed reading it and learned something new today.
    Mrs. T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point: I like how you discuss why bacteria is important because it eats dead plants and animals. It was also interesting to read that fungi is not only found on the ground.

    Questions: Can you see bacteria without a microscope? What are some other places fungi might be found?

    Lina H

    ReplyDelete
  3. hwllo jacy it me reese i like your writing you did very well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Point:I really enjoyed reading your work here, Jacy. Your writting style is very good. I especially liked that you made seperate paragraphs to discuss bacteria and fungi.

    Question: Have you learned about harmful and helpful bacteria?

    Daniella C.

    ReplyDelete