Saturday, October 26, 2013

Rakyah

I’m just going to tell you about who’s on our paper money. On our 1 dollar bill there is George Washington. On our 2 dollar bill Is Thomas Jefferson. There is Alexander Hamilton on our ten dollar bill. On our 20 dollar bill is Andrew Jackson on our five dollar bill is Abraham Lincoln. Ulysses S. Grant is on our fifty dollar bill.

            Now I’m just telling you about who’s on our coins. Abraham Lincoln is on our penny. Thomas Jefferson is on our nickel. On our quarter is George Washington. The most interesting fact is that coins are still handmade.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Rakyah,
    I thought this was really interesting. I don't suppose many people take time to look at their money! I didn't know coins were still handmade, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting, Rakyah. I did not realize that the U.S. had a two dollar bill!

    I like to hear about the currency in other countries. I live in Canada. We do not have the penny here anymore. The Canadian mint found it cost too much to make it and handle it, but we still have nickels, dimes, and quarters. Another thing that is different between Canadian money and American money is we have one-dollar coins (called "loonies", because they have an engraving of a bird called a loon) and two-dollar coins (called "two-nies").

    As for paper money, Canada is switching over from paper bills to plastic bills. They still feel very strange and slippery when I hold one in my hand!

    Thank you for the information on American money, Rakyah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely see a 2-dollar bill. Do they still make them? Every once in a while I get a 2-dollar bill, and I feel special. I forgot that Jefferson was pictured there. And I did not know coins were still handmade. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on your assignment, Rakyah! You made your paragraphs more interesting by using different ways to start your sentences. I liked reading about the different bills and coins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rakyah,

    I forgot all about two-dollar bills because I haven't seen one in such a long time. Thank you for reminding me!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have some old two dollar bills that my family saves but I never really looked at who is on them. I like the way you writ your sentences.

    ReplyDelete