Sunday, October 27, 2013

Elena

“Budget”
Do you know the different ways to earn money? Have you ever wondered what parents buy for their kids? Do you know what you can do with your leftovers? If you don’t, then you will learn lots of interesting facts.

Do you know where people get money from? Your mom or dad probably work and earn money. Also if you put money in the bank, they might give you a little each month. You might get money from your friend or family as a gift. Also, you could work for your neighbors. These are some good ways to earn money.

            Do you know what parents buy for their kids? They buy clothes, toys, food and pay for activities. It’s important to have some toys, but not too many. Toys and activities can be quite expensive. My activities are piano and kung fu and my brother does piano and soccer. We both like our activities but our family has to budget for them.

            Do you know what you can do with your leftovers? You could donate to people or organizations like the human society. Also I like to support Sunday Parkways because it’s a day to ride your bike and be safe in Portland. You could keep some of your money for needs and wants. I hope you learn a lot about budgets.



6 comments:

  1. Wow, a very well thought out and well organized presentation, Elena. I like the way you clearly state what you're going to say, say it, and then say what you've said. And I like that you recognize that even if they could afford it, which of course most parents can't, it's not good for parents to give their kids too many toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elena,

    You really grabbed my attention with all those thought-provoking questions at the top of your essay. You demonstrate keen insight by showing appreciation of "experiences" over "things", when you and your family are making decisions on how to best spend the money that has been earned. I read that people feel most satisfied and happy when they can look back on an experience (such as a bike ride in Portland, or music lessons) rather than if they spend that money on an object.

    Great work, Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Elena - what a great article! I like how you incorporated your own experiences into this and I like how you included your brother and your parents. Another thing I liked about this was how you included the importance of donating to charities.

    Thanks for such a great article - I enjoyed reading it!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena, it is so great that you realize parents have to work hard to give their kids everyday things - like food, toys etc. It's also important to "give back" and help out when you can. So, I especially like what you wrote about donating. Very clear, concise write-up! Rain, Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding, Elena! You have obviously thought a lot about this topic and have done an excellent job organizing each element of your essay. I hope you set aside a bit of your money for savings, too. Do you receive an allowance? Your essay talks about it a little. I'll bet you have some chores that you do to help out around the house and for those chores, you receive your allowance. Am I right? Keep writing, Elena. You're very good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is excellent work and I can tell you have learned a lot about money, wants and needs and, also, about writing. You are very good at it and I hope you continue to practice and to do good work like this.

    ReplyDelete