Saturday, October 26, 2013

Lily

“Allowance”
            If you want to earn allowance listen to the tips I know. There are tons of ways to make money. Here are some examples of jobs. Get an agreement with your parents for doing chores. Have your neighbors let you do the jobs for them.
            Once you get the money don’t just go over to the store and buy something. Save your money and once you earn more you can spend it. Save a lot of money but spend it wisely. If you buy food it will not last a long time. You can buy a toy car and it could last a long time.

            Do you know what a need is? A need is something you need for life. A want is something you want. Another need is you like a medicine. Needs and wants are different. Buy needs not wants.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the way you distinguish between need and want and give advice about earning an allowance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a great idea to get an agreement with your parents to help out with extra jobs at home. Sometimes there are things kids have to do without being paid, because they are members of the family, and the family has to work together. But other times there are special chores where maybe the kids could earn some money from mom or dad.

    Thank you, Alina for describing need versus want. That will help me spend my own money more wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, sorry, Lily! I think I might have called you "Alina" in my post to you! I apologize for my mistake. I would edit that error if I could. Sorry for the confusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lily,

    You are right - it is important to save some of your money rather than spending it all right away. This is a good lesson to learn at a young age!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice and good writing, too.

    ReplyDelete