Sunday, October 27, 2013

Adelle

            Do you not get allowance, but still want to make money? Well today I am going to tell you all about making money. One way to make money is to do yard works for people who can’t do it. Yard work is fun for some people. It’s a good exercise and it’s outside so you get fresh air too.
            One of my friends picks up acorns for two dollars. Another friend pulled weeds for a dollar. I like doing yard work and it is nice to know that I did something good for people
            The second thing you could do is a lemonade stand. I did a lemonade stand with a friend and we earned 14 dollars and 8 cents. I want to do a lemonade stand by myself and see how much I will make this time. You can make a lot of money just for making lemonade. I love lemonade and I think it is so much fun to do a lemonade stand.
            The third thing that you could do is pet sitting. If you love animals then this is a good job for you. I think it depends on the pet on the amount of money you get, but don’t ask for money right away because it will seem like you don’t care about the pet. It would be easier if you took the pet to your house instead of having to walk back and forth. I would like to learn more about money.

“The End”

5 comments:

  1. Adelle,

    What kind of pets do you like to take care of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great ideas about how to make money. From the different jobs you've described the common theme seems to be to do something you enjoy - I think that is very important. If you like your job you will do it well. It's nice to be paid for doing something you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are two fun and unusual jobs my kids had when they were each around ten years old:

    My older son got a one-day job as a game tester with a company near our town. To be successful at this job, it was important for the kid tester to enjoy playing video games, and that he or she was comfortable playing in the format being tested. The third quality that the company looked for was the kid had to be a good writer and be able to express themselves clearly, because at the end of the game test, the kid had to be able to write a thoughtful critique of the game.

    My other son got a job playing the Easter mascot outside a chocolate shop in our town. He went in to talk to the owner of the shop, and explained how he would be a good mascot to help draw attention to the shop and bring in customers. He was hired, and after school for a few days before Easter, he dressed up in a rabbit costume and stood outside the chocolate shop and waved people inside. He said it was a lot of fun, and he got paid very well for his work AND he got free chocolate at the end of his employment.

    Use your imagination to create and find unusual jobs. It is always important to develop good communication skills, both written and spoken. I can see from reading your essay, Adelle, you possess those excellent communication skills. Keep up the outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adelle,

    It sounds like you have some great ideas for earning money and that you have found success in the past with your lemonade stand.

    I enjoyed reading what you had to say!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was excited to see that our names are almost the same. There are not too many people with our name where I live. Do you know any other "Adele's"? You are getting to be a very good writer and I like your business ideas.

    ReplyDelete