Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Alma


Name: Alma 

My recipe:
Caprese Salad
Ingredients
3 Vine Ripe Tomatoes
1 lb fresh mozzarella, sliced ¼” thick
20-30 leaves fresh basil
Extra Virgin olive oil for drizzling
Coarse salt and pepper
Directions: Layer alternating slices of tomatoes and mozzarella, adding a basil leaf between each. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.

My recipe came from Italian culture.
Who is my mentor and what did I learn from my mentor:
I interviewed my Dad and he is half Italian. On warm summer days his Grandma would make Caprese Salad. It is served as an anti pasta or appetizer. Caprese salad originated on the Island of Capri, Italy and the colors were meant to resemble the Italian flag.I I really enjoyed learning about Caprese Salad.











No comments:

Post a Comment