Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sample homework essay

Ms. Luria
February 17, 2014

(Indented, which I can not do on the blog) If I could nominate any book to win an award, I would nominate The Magic Treehouse books. The books have simple to understand stories that are also interesting.  In the first book, Jack and Annie learn that there is an enchanted tree house in their forest. They go up to the tree house and touch a book about dinosaurs. Then they both have an adventure in the time of the dinosaurs. 

(indented) I would nominate this book for an award for many reasons. First, I like how the siblings get along with each other. In too  many books siblings fight, but in these books they are kind to each other. Secondly, I like how the books combine fiction and non-fiction. I always learn something when I read these books. 

(indented) Finally, I love how the books are a series. Series books are the best way to become a better reader. My own children love reading this series. They are also always popular in the classroom. This is a great series to read and deserves an award. 


The green sentences are my main ideas and feel sentences or summary sentences.

The yellow sentences have my reasons and my transition words like first, next, finally.

The red setences are where I stop and explain my reasons and give details. 

The first paragraph should tell a bit about the book. The second/third paragraphs should give some reasons for why it should receive an award. 



No comments:

Post a Comment