Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Orca and Eagle Have a Child - rough draft of class

N: A long time ago in the ocean there lived an Orca. Orca loved watching Eagle flys high soar above the sky.


O: how I wish I can fly. There is so many things Up there to see.  
EFH:I wish i could see what's under the sea.


N: One day Orca  wants to ask something. So Orca goes to a little meeting place and  shouted. Eagle Flies High comes flying.
EFH: Yes!
O: I just wanted to ask you something.
EFH: What is it?
O: We'll if you teach me how to fly I will show you an easier way to catch salmon. Deal?
EFH: Ok! Can you help me first?


O: ok let’s go catch some fish.
N: So orca dove deep into the sea and found turtle.
T: Hi Orca. How are you? Is there a problem?
O No, but I need your help.
T: Ok. What do you want me to do?
O: Can you chase the salmon to the surface and watch for eagle flies high to catch salmon.
T: I can do that for you.


N: So turtle chased the salmon to the surface and eagle flies high had much to eat. Every time eagle flies high wanted salmon, Orca would get help some the sea creatures to chase salmon to the surface.
EFH: This new way of catching salmon is very easy.
O: Yes, I know.


EFH: Now it is my turn. I will teach you how to fly.
O: Ok. What is the first step?
EFH: Well, you really need wings.
O: I could use my uhhhhhhhhh?
OFH: Your what?
O: Maybe my fins?
EFH: Ok. First you stretch your wings. (pause) I mean your fins.
O: Ok what’s the next step?
EFH: Well, take a little swim around and flap your wings, I mean fins, and push up.


N: So orca did what she was told. She couldn’t fly, but she could jump high. Every day she jumped closer and closer to be near Eagle Flies High.


E: I wish I could see more creatures that live in the water.
D: You heard what Eagle Fly High said. Let me show him how I jump.
N2: So orca showed EFY all sorts of things from the sea.


O: What sort of things are above the sea?
E: Flowers are very beautiful.
O: What is a flower?
E: It is a beautiful thing. Yes! I will bring one to you!
O: Thank you!


N: So every day EFH and O spent more and more time together. Even though they were from different worlds, they grew to love each other. One day Eagle Fly High and Orca realized that they were in love.
O: Okay I think I will go say hi to Eagle Fly High!


Eagle: I think will go down to the water and say hi to Orca
Narrator: Eagle dove down and Orca jumped their body's touched.
Narrator 2: Many months passed and then the day arrived that everyone had been waiting for. They had a baby.


C: come look! orca and eagle had a baby!
T: look how high the baby can jump! wow! look at that unique skin!
C: it looks like its black with white spots!
T: look at that blessed child!
sea creatures: wow! wow! look at orca and eagle’s baby.  
D: Wow - they had a baby!
O: Wow, my baby swims just like me.
E: My child is fast and can almost fly like me. Look how high he jumps.
D: congratulations.
T: Yeah - your child is really beautiful.




Narrator : Because there baby was from the love of two different worlds, it had special magic. The women of the villages would come to see this magical creature. The women played beautiful music upon their flutes to see if she would come.
N2: Sometimes orca's child would come up to the surface and dance. Sometimes even sung. But there was always that moment.
N1: That moment when everything was good. All was sweet. the magical moment.



Narrator 2: One day orca came to the surface to hear the beautiful music of some flutes.
woman1: (playing a flute) wow! What a whale!
woman2: (playing a flute) what a beautiful whale. look it's coming near us.


N2: Orca came so near the women that she danced and splashed the women.

Narrator: To this day, if you get splashed by an orca you have good luck.The orca whale will bring you happiness, and love to your heart. When orca splashed the woman it gave blessings from the two realities of air, and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment