Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Elliana

"No Place to Hide"
Deforestation is a problem because people cut trees. When people cut trees elephants do not have hiding spot. If they don't have a hiding spot it would be easy for people to hunt them. I am going to do a poster so people learn about deforestation.
When people cut trees elephants do not have a hiding spot. Elephants are forced to migrate to an environment that may stress them out. Many elephants can die because they have to get food, water, and shelter. People do not want elephants to die because they are helpful.
Some people like elephants because they carry heavy supplies for them. Elephants carry people and water. Not everyone likes elephants because they kill them. They are killing them for their ivory. They use their ivory to build statues and other kinds of things.
To help solve this problem, I plan on making posters. I will create the posters by thanksgiving. I will hang my posters in the school. How this is going to help is by teaching you what deforestation means and how it hurts the elephants.

1 comment:

  1. Elliana, great piece on deforestation. I can't believe you are already in 3rd grade. I love seeing you in the halls. Ms. Foster

    ReplyDelete