Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Justine

My topic is how deforestation affects spotted owls. Deforestation causes spotted owls to lose their homes in trees. Over logging  makes it harder for spotted owls to find homes.
Deforestation is when forests are cut down. People cut down trees because they need wood. They use wood to make paper, fire, and houses. Trees grow slowly so it makes us have fewer trees.
Deforestation causes spotted owls to lose their habitat. One of the spotted owls foods are flying squirrels. Flying squirrels live in trees so deforestation makes them die so owls can't eat them. I learned that spotted owls don't like new forests only old evergreen forests.
To save spotted owls I'll tell my family and friends not to use a lot of paper. I decided to tell them that before winter break. That will help spotted owls because people won't have as much trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment