Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 8, 2014

Dear Families,

Happy New Year! It is wonderful to see everyone back at school and hear about winter breaks. I hope that you had a restful break.

Thank you so much for your generous gifts. My family has already enjoyed the Podnah's gift certificate you gave me! We had a wonderful meal. I can't wait to go to the plant store and create a new terrarium! Also, I'm enjoying read the plant book. (Especially because I can't do too much gardening this time of the year.)

IB: We continue to read myths about why the world is the way it is. Expect to see more myths on the blog in the next few weeks! We are also going to start working on a plan to present to the third grade.

Math: The new math groups are a bit smaller! We are working on the meaning of multiplication and division. In calendar we are relating money to fractions. Ask your child questions like if I have 2 dimes, what fraction of a dollar is that?

Science: We continue to study the mystery plant and the plant cycle. Everyone is very curious about the plant. Most children now believe that it is a bulb. We are also working on measuring like scientists. The plant has grown to 25 cm over the break!

Have a wonderful day,
Sacha Luria

No comments:

Post a Comment