Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lucia

Lucia
    “Wait up honey,” mom said.
     Hurry up honey,” dad said.
    “Are you guys going to come back?” Paws said.
    “Yes honey we will be back by ten O’clock,” mom said.
     “Ok but who is going to take care of me?” Paws said.
     “Don’t worry your favorite babysitter Buggie is coming over.” mom said.
     “Who?” Paws asked.
    “Your favorite babysitter, you know Buggie.” mom replied.
    “Oh yes, I love that babysitter, oh goody!” “Oh here she comes.” Paws said.
    What Buggie didn’t know was that Paws had a little problem. His problem was that when he got excited, he went to the kitchen grabs lot of bananas and he started to throw them all around the house. This is really a horrible habit. After five minutes Buggie asked Paws if he wanted to watch a movie.
    “What movie are we going to watch?” Paws asked.
    “I don’t know what movie you want to watch?” Buggie asked.
    “Can we watch Porcupine vs. the Duck?” Paws asked.
     “If that’s what you want to watch, then of course we can watch that.” Buggie said.
     “Oh goody,” Paws said.
    Since Paws got so excited he ran into the kitchen, got a lot of bananas and started to throw them everywhere.
    “Ouch don’t do that,” Buggie said.
    “Do what?” Paws asked.
    “Do what you just did.” Buggie replied.
    “Oh that,” sure I can stop that.” Paws said.
    “Thanks, don’t mention it, don’t worry lets go out to the living room and play tic-tac-toe.” Buggie said.
    “Oh!” Paws said.
    “Here we go,” Buggie said.
    While they were playing tic-tac-toe Paws got so excited. So Paws went to the kitchen and grab lots of bananas and started to throw them all around the living room.
     “Oh no!” Buggie replied.
    “Sorry.” Paws replied.
    “It’s ok.” Buggie said.
    “Can we still play?” Paws asked.
    “No, no, and no it’s time for bed.” Buggie replied.
    “But I’m not tired.” Paws said,
    “Don’t worry you’ll fall asleep in no time”. Buggie said.
    “But, but I’m not going to zzzz.” Paws said.
   

    While Paws was sleeping he was dreaming that he was climbing trees. Since he was feeling excited he sleepwalks all the way to the kitchen got lots of bananas and Paws started to throw them all around. Then he dreamed of a big yellow banana with a small yellow banana on top. Once again Paws went to the kitchen and started to throw them everywhere. At that very moment, mom and dad walked through the door.
    “Was Paws a good little monkey?” mom asked.
    “He sure was.” Buggie replied.
     Even though Paws was so excited, he did not go to the kitchen this time.
    “Ok Paws say good bye to Buggie.” Mom said.
    “Who?” Paws asked.
    “You know now don’t act silly.” Mom said.
    “Fine,” Paws said.
    “Now what were you going to tell Buggie?” mom asked.
    “I was going to tell Buggie that I really like her being my babysitter, and that I hope she can babysit me another one of these days.” Paws said.
    “Well guess what?” Buggie said.
    “What?” Paws asked.
    “Well tomorrow I am going to come back here to babysit you.” Buggie replied.
    “Why my parents aren’t going to be here in the house?” Paws asked.
    “About that honey, were so sorry.” Mom replied.
    “I guess it’s ok.” Paws said.
    “But don’t worry I’ll be here Paws.” Buggie said.
    “It’s not because of that I mean I do like you babysitting me, it’s just because well I don’t hang out with my parents that much anymore.” Paws said
    “Were sorry but tomorrow we really need to go to some place.” Mom said.
    “But it’s okay I’ll still have fun with Buggie, right Buggie?” Paws asked.
    “Right Paws.” Buggie replied.

4 comments:

  1. How good of Paws not to throw bananas around the house. It's sad that Paws doesn't get to spend as much time with his parents as he would like. Do you think Paws with have a fun time with Buggie tomorrow or will he be too sad his parents are gone?


    Teresa D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've written a good story, Lucia. It was very creative and imaginative. I really liked how you used a range of emotions to tell the story.

    How old is Paws? How old is Buggie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet monkeys really do throw bananas all around their houses! Your story has a nicely filled-out end. I like that it doesn't just stop with "and then Paws's parents came home. The end."

    Do you think Paws has friends in nearby trees who enjoy tic-tac-toe and throwing bananas? What else do they do together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paw's problem is a little silly, but then so is he! I really liked the humor in this story. Your voice as a writer really shines through. Even better, your dialogue sounds natural and funny; it also uses quotations very well.

    My only advice is to flesh out the adventures of Buggie and Paw more or write more about what Paw does to spend more time with his parents. Also, remember "mom" and "dad" are names in your story and should be capitalized. Great work!

    ReplyDelete