Friday, October 17, 2014

Tyonna

Penelope, Chapters 1 & 2
This is a story about Penelope and a wart. This year I had a pig nose and everybody in my class called me ‘Penelope and the wart head’. And I got mad at the people who called me ‘wart head.’ And I had the worst day at school.

Today at school nobody was at school. I was so glad because today was late opening and nobody bullied me. Then I called my teacher Mrs. Wart. She wasn’t here either. I was so excited that I screamed! Then Mrs. Sky the second grade teacher came over and took me to the principal’s office. And she called my mom. But my mom didn’t answer. So lucky me! I told Mrs. Sky, “My mom works at a school too, so she wouldn’t answer the phone.”

Mrs. Sky said, “PENELOPE! I HAVE TOLD YOU ONCE NOT TO SCREAM IN THE HALLWAY. AND YOU DO IT ANYWAY.”
“Sorry,” I said.  “Please don’t call my dad.”

And that’s how it began.

Next week I had math. And when the teacher Mrs. B gave me the phone and it was my mother. I was so scared. Then I finally said, “Hi.”

And then my mom said, “Penelope, you didn’t follow the rules.”

My mom scared me and sent me back to the principal’s office. I was nervous. Then someone knocked on the door and said, “I am here to take Penelope,” said someone.

I said, “Are you my mother?”

When class started my teacher said, “What is four times four?”

I raised my hand and said, “Fourteen!”

My teacher said, “No.”

I sadly put my hand down. Then I had to ask my friend Sally, “What is four times four?”

And she said, “I don’t know.”


Then the bell rang. It was time for lunch. We had mac and cheese. Except I don’t eat mac and cheese. Besides I can’t eat anything with a nose like this. So all I can do is drink a juice box. Then the bell finally rang. Lunch was over.

1 comment:

  1. Tyonna:

    It is really not a nice feeling when kids make fun of other kids because of things they cannot help, like having a wart in your nose. I wish kids were more kind sometimes.

    Can you think of times when you have been bullied yourself and/or times when you have bullied someone else? Why was it?

    --AP

    ReplyDelete