Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Ayla

I Wish I had a Diamond
I wish I had a diamond
So beautiful so fine
I wish I had a diamond
Just for me all mine
Everyone would know my name
Instead of being poor instead of being weak
Everything would be about me
Posters and flags everywhere
My name here and there
I’d go around the world with my pride
I would bring my diamond that’s just mine
I would show the world my diamond
And then they would think that’s so fine
They’d say to themselves
I wish that was that was mine

I wish I had a diamond

2 comments:

  1. Ayla, I really like how you made everything rhyme and how the poem starts with your wish of having a diamond and it ends with the same wish. It really helps readers to remember what your point was.

    I wonder why having a diamond would make everyone know your name. Is this a very special diamond?

    AP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like always Ayla, your poems are great!


    Wallace

    ReplyDelete