Monday, October 20, 2014

Sophia

I designed a 32 cent coin. Even though the C sign has the C facing forward in my coin it’s facing backwards because it’s a coin from Pluto. The smiley face represents peace and equality. The leaf represents nature and love for wild plants and animals. Here is another reason why I chose the design: I like to see happy faces all around me. I also chose Pluto to be where my coin comes from because I want Pluto to be considered a planet. I wish there was life there. 

There were a few steps involved to make my coin. First I made a sketch of what I wanted my coinc to look like. Then I drew the design on cardboard. After that I put flue over the design. (Don’t do writing or very detailed things with glue.) Then cover your coin in tin foil. (You can crumple and smash it in the back.) After the tin foil, take a tissue and rub gently. For the writing on the coin, use an unsharpened pencil and make pretty designs. Finally the coin is ready!


I wish that someday (anytime) there will be life on Pluto and this could be their coin. (Unless we don’t use coins anymore). The most fun and interesting part of this project was seeing all the hard work pay off and writing this.

1 comment:

  1. How did you decide on 32 cents being the value of the coin? I also would like Pluto to be considered a planet.

    ReplyDelete