Friday, November 7, 2014

Ayla

 I was ready to read.  I'm always ready to read.  But here's the problem.  I have know idea what to read.  I looked.  Nothing.  All but one book looked boring; plain boring.  Those boring, realistic fiction books.  Not to complain.  I thought this classroom library is not for me.  I kept on thinking but that did not work. 

 "Hmmm"; my brain says it's time to read.  My body says it's time to read.  I say it's time to read.  I couldn't think of what to do.  Finally, I looked at the not so boring looking book.  

I looked at it and I had to admit it looked pretty good.  But I didn't know to what to expect.  Should I take it I said to myself in my head.  Sometimes it is very hard to find a good book to read. Then all of a sudden all of my bad thoughts came rushing to my head, then to my brain like I was upside down on the monkey bars.  It's probably another plain old boring book. 

But I was having a war against my bad thoughts.  "NO" I thought, I was going to read so I kept on looking.  "Come on bad thoughts, go away," I thought.  It's going to take years getting a book I said to myself.  Then I looked at Amelia Bedelia's back.  I decided that I liked it.  Finally I got a good book to read. 

By Ayla

What am I holding?
Nothing is there.
What am I holding?
Oh wait, I think it's air.
You can toss it, you can squeeze it,
You really, really need it.l
You get it here and there,l
And almost everywhere there is air.

By Ayla

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you found a good book to read after a long search. Sometimes I have opened a book I wasn't excited about only to find it was interesting to read. I guess that is where this saying comes from: you can't judge a book by its cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with reading. I agree that it can be incredible difficult to find a book that fits such a unique interest. I also loved the poem at the end. You have a beautiful way of expressing your thoughts. Please keep writing. Even when it isn't a classroom assignment or a homework assignment. Write every time you think of something cool. My English teacher always said to have a pencil or pen wherever you go. If you have a thought find something to write on that you can look back on later and expand. You have a beautiful way of writing. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete